Once graduates leave University, it is extremely difficult for them to find jobs – here are the true facts behind graduate employment, courtesy of Walton Robinson.
- Medicine and dentistry courses have the highest graduate employment rate – 92%, compared with 89% for education graduates.
- Computer science has the highest graduate unemployment rate – 13% – alongside creative arts (10%) and mass communications (12%).
- 3 and a half years after graduating, the average salary of a graduate is roughly £30,000.
- Medicine and dentistry earn the highest – £40,000 at 3 and a half years after graduating – compared with communication graduates who earn £25,000.
- The University of Edinburgh has the highest graduate employment rate in the country – 94.5% – with Newcastle second at 94.3% and University of Cardiff at 94.1%.