This infographic (courtesy of Tribe) shows why having a professional presence on social media is important for college students and graduates.
- 37% of employers use Facebook to pre-screen applicants.
- 86% of recruiters are likely to look at social media profiles.
- On Facebook, keep your personal information private, and have a professional profile picture.
- Tweets from Twitter will show up in search engines – so think before you tweet.
- Make sure you Google yourself to see how recruiters see you.