Here are a few interesting tips on what NOT to say to your client. As an ex-recruiter I’ve spotted that most of these apply perfectly to the world of recruitment so thought I’d share Open Forum‘s infographic here.
The 5 things in a nutshell:
- Getting a company’s name wrong, whether it’s in a meeting or just misspelling it. Or even worse, getting your contact’s name wrong.
- Giving a price range, whatever figures you mention the client will only want to pay the lower one.
- Using the word ‘but’ is slightly negative, try saying ‘and’ instead.
- Never ask what your client’s company actually does – they will asume you have done your research. You could try ‘can you explain exactly how the XYZ supply chain works’ – a specific question which will help you with the bigger picture as well.
- Don’t say you’ll put your best people on the project, sounds like the rest are a bunch of muppets.