Another month’s passed by and it’s time for a recap from the blog.
You may have noticed that we’ve undergone a revamp, we’ve migrated the site from Drupal to WordPress and updated the theme a bit (we’d love to get your feedback).
Here are the best bits of April 2012:
1. How Pinterest Can Help You Job Search [Example Resumes]
See how a few jobseekers use Pinterest to stimulate interest with employers.
2. How To Survive and Thrive in Your New Job [5 Useful Tactics]
Getting the job is only the beginning, now let’s work on your staying power.
3. How To Get a Cool Job in Social Media [Video & Slides]
Specialist recruiter Steve Ward’s presentation at Social Media London.
4. How To Build Your Personal Brand with Social Media [Infographic]
A listing of the most useful social networks for your personal brand.
5. The Psychology of Networking: How Some Appear Natural While Others Stutter
Do you find networking awkward? You’re not alone!
6. Are College Graduates in HR Setting Their Sights Too High?
See what a soon-to-be graduate in HR thinks about her career prospects.
7. How Disney and 5 other Top Employers Use Twitter to Recruit
See how UPS, Pepsico and Disney use Twitter for social recruiting.
8. 5 Ways To Uncover Your Personal Brand’s Strengths
A very useful post about finding your purpose before pushing out the message.
9. How NOT to Ask for a Raise or Promotion
See how not to screw up that all-important chat with the boss.
10. Do You Expect Too Much from Recruitment Agencies?
Recruitment agencies are being scrutinized in this post.
Upcoming events in May:
Any questions or ideas for us? Do leave a comment on the blog or tweet us at @UndercoverRec!