Does the arrival of Sunday evening strike fear into your soul? Does the thought of work leave you feeling anxious, worried and unmotivated? Well you’re not alone, as a study has recently revealed that over 50% of Americans are unhappy at work. Someone that can relate to this feeling is Mark Corrigan, Peep Show pessimist and all round cynic when it comes to work.
Changing jobs can be a difficult decision, and it shouldn’t be made lightly. But if you wake up every morning feeling like Mark, then it may be time to reassess your working situation and start looking around for a new job.
So what are the symptoms of Needanewjobitis? Take a look at what we’ve learnt form Corrigan over the years:
1) Waking up in the morning leaves you feeling like this:
3) 9am meetings couldn’t be any more pointless:
4) When your boss calls you into his office:
5) Walking into the office every morning feels like this:
6) Socialising with your colleagues leaves you feeling blue:
7) Coming home after a long working day:
Life is too short to stay in a job you hate…
…it’s finally time to move on and find a job you love!
I mean, listen to the Beastie Boys!
If you feel truly unhappy in your workplace, it may be worth looking elsewhere. We spend an average of 40 hours a week at work – so it should be in a place you feel happy and relaxed.
Image credits: Channel 4