A new year, a new you. And why not make 2015 the year when you jump ship and seek pastures new? With nearly two and a half million job opportunities on LinkedIn, it can be difficult to know where to start. Focus on the facts – these tips backed by data from LinkedIn prove that they really matter.
- Be ready when opportunity comes knocking. A complete LinkedIn proﬁle will make you more likely to receive opportunities through LinkedIn – aim for what the now call ‘All-Star‘.
- Increase your proﬁle views 12x by adding your two most recent work positions, 13x by listing your skills and 14x by including a photo (more stats at How to Build the Ultimate LinkedIn Profile).
- Don’t leave your job search just because you’ve left your desk. Join the more than 1 million people who are already using LinkedIn’s Job Search app for iPhone. 30% of job applications are submitted within the ﬁrst three days a job is posted. Applicants who apply to a job within the ﬁrst three days are 13% more likely to land the position. Be sure to also check out other useful job search apps for iOS and Android.
- Take some cues from the higher-ups. VP’s and Partners in the US who were newly hired from March to August 2014 showed some common trends in their LinkedIn activity in the three months prior to their new jobs. 80% were sending connection requests, 50% were participating in groups and 40% were engaging on LinkedIn via shares, likes, and comments.
- Nurture your professional relationships. When looking at the pool of all new US hires from March to August 2014, approximately 83% were using LinkedIn in the three months prior to their job changes, 45% were endorsing their connections and 65% were sending connection requests.
Got questions? Pop them in the comments below!