In the run up to an interview, it is easy to become nervous as to how you are going to be perceived by your interviewer. You want to create a good impression and for your interviewer to want to hire you based on a positive first meeting.
These slides by CPA Australia provides us with some tips in order to impress your interviewer:
- Check your watch: If you arrive early, you can mentally prepare, get used to the environment and it gives you extra time to go over potential discussions in your head.
- Dress to impress: Dressing well will be impressive as well as giving you confidence. Check your shoes and your hair!
- Say their name: This will personalise the meeting and show you are serious about the job.
- What you do is as important as what you say: Create open and positive body language. Smile and make eye contact.
- Show, don’t tell: Be prepared for questions by having a variety of examples of your skills and achievements.
- Don’t leave it at goodbye: Follow up the interview with a call or email to thank the interviewer for meeting with you.
Hopefully these tips will help you to impress your interviewer and help to boost your confidence. Got any more helpful tips? Let us know!