It’s your first day of work at your new job. You’re up early, you’ve eaten a hearty breakfast, and you’re ready to go. The thing with first days is that you’ll never know exactly how it’s going to go. But from watching Peep Show religiously, we can only guess it will go something like this…
1) You wake up in the morning, feeling like this:
2) You eat a hearty breakfast of Cornflakes for people who can’t face reality:
3) You walk into the new office, meet your colleagues:
4) But it all goes wrong when your true awkwardness comes out:
5) You meet your new manager:
6) You get assigned a new project, that you have no idea how to do:
7) You try and introduce a bit of humour into conversation, and it fails:
8) You’re introduced to the new potential love of your life:
9) You try and impress them with some vaguely interesting facts about you:
10) Back to your desk, where you go through the antsy, unrest stage of the day, where you’re not sure what’s going on:
11) Time for lunch…woohoo!
12) You meet the office idiot…
13) ..and you’re finally feeling relaxed enough to get some work done:
14) You’re invited to the afterwork drinks..
15) …which you try and wholeheartedly enjoy.
16) Now finally, home – relax, recuperate, and reflect. Bliss.