Greetings from The Undercover Recruiter, here’s what’s been going on at the blog in June in case you were away. By the way, I’m now part of an expert panel at The Institute of Recruiters here in the UK, headed up by James Caan. Check it out at Ask the Expert – and please ask me social media in recruitment... View Article
As London gears up for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee I ask you how many people have you worked with for over let’s say 5 years? QEII has done her job for 60 (!) years, her first Prime Minister was Winston Churchill and she’s had 12 American presidents as counterparts. Jolly good show ma’am! If you are in the UK do check out... View Article
Another month’s passed by and it’s time for a recap from the blog. You may have noticed that we’ve undergone a revamp, we’ve migrated the site from Drupal to WordPress and updated the theme a bit (we’d love to get your feedback). Here are the best bits of April 2012: 1. How Pinterest Can Help You Job Search [Example Resumes]... View Article
'Twas a busy month here on the blog, so busy in fact that we are late with the monthly recap.
Here goes the most popular blog posts from the month of March 2012:
2. Top 7 Qualities Employers are Looking for in Candidates A very popular guest post by our friend Brian Tracy.
3. INFOGRAPHIC: LinkedIn User Statistics by Profiles, Groups, Networks No month is complete without a LinkedIn infographic.
4. How To Create an 'Alternative' Resume on Prezi Sick of boring resumes? Check this Prezi resume out by Maria Ortiz.
5. How To Interview Candidates in 3D and Determine a Cultural Fit Forget Avatar, this is about checking out your candidates from all angles.
6. How To Use Facebook for Professional Networking Are you still treating Facebook like a place for friends and family?
7. What if an Employer Requests my Facebook Password? Just in case you find yourself in this situation, see what the law has to say.
8. How To Use Google Plus for Professional Networking When you're done with Facebook it's time for G+.
9. Creative Resumes: How Much is Too Much? If the Prezi resume didn't float your boat, here's the post for you.
10. How To Create a Memorable Elevator Pitch in 4 Simple Steps Develop a pitch to 'elevate' your career...
Upcoming events in April:
Any questions or ideas for us? Do leave a comment on the blog or tweet us at @UndercoverRec!
Image credit inoc