Here is a list of common behavioral interview questions that you should answer using the STAR (Situation, Task, Action, and Result) model.
- What was the most challenging business presentation you have ever delivered?
- Give an example of when you had to put your foot down to assert a point that meant a great deal to you.
- How are you able to communicate well with people that do not want to hear your message?
- Tell us about when you were able to effectively communicate a really bad piece of news to your co-workers.
- What steps have you taken to improve your communication skills?
- Tell us about the toughest group that you had to get cooperation from?
- Give us an example of when you had to improve the performance of a team. What were the problems and how did you deal with them?
- Did you ever experience difficulty in getting others to accept your ideas? What was your approach? How did this work?
- Tell us of a situation where you had to inspire a team. Did you meet any challenges and how did you reach your goals?
- Give an example of when you had to use different management styles for different people to achieve the same results?
- Tell us about when you had to change your methods to reach a goal.
- Give an example of when you had to do something completely new and what approach you employed.
- How have you coped with changes in management?
- Tell us about a project that failed due to changed circumstances and what it has taught you?
- Tell us about when you went above and beyond the call of duty and what the results were.
- Give an example of when you lifted the spirits of others and get them to accomplish more than expected.
- How do you keep going for a goal when others give up, give a specific example.
- How have you helped your manager to inspire positive vibes in your team?
- Tell us about when you had to deal with conflict within your team and how you helped to resolve it?
- Tell us how you went about promoting both morale and work ethic in the teams you have been in?
- Give an example of when you have helped a team member that is was underperforming.
Structure and organization:
- How do you prepare your week?
- Tell us about how your organization has helped your career?
- Give an example of when you had to re-arrange your schedule completely.
- What is given top priority in your job and why?
If you need answers to these questions, check out the Ultimate Guide to Job Interview Answers.